Turkey Taco Salad

Hello, hello, hello! 
How was your Monday? It was just another Monday over here, laundry, lots of laundry, meal prep, dinner, lots of diaper changing and we watch the MLB All-Star Home Run Derby!! 
We love baseball in this house so this was a must. 
We may have eaten some leftover cupcakes but thank goodness there are no more to eat! 
Now onto this recipe! 
Last night for dinner I made this incredible salad. 
Originally I wasn't going to fix it until tonight but I figured since its Taco Tuesday maybe I should post the recipe on Tuesday! I know I'm crazy but I thought it'd be fun! 
Tacos are probably one of my favorite meals. I love all kinda of tacos. Chicken are probably my favorite followed by fish. Also, I love a good taco salad! Usually when we have taco night at our house I end up making a salad instead. 
I thought what better thing to do than share one of my favorite meals with y'all. I'm trying to get back on the recipe kick again. I loved posting new recipes and I finally feel like I could get more of them on this little blog! 
This recipe is super easy and really doesn't take very many ingredients. I had most of them on hand. Even a few were from our garden! I hope you guys enjoy this one! 



Servings: 2 
Total time: 30 minutes

Ingredients 
  • 1/2 pound ground turkey ( I used 97%) 
  • 1 cup lettuce, any blend 
  • 1/2 cup corn
  • 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning 
  • 1 tablespoon cheese
  • 3 cherry tomatoes, halved
  • onion, optional
  • avocado, optional
  • salsa, optional
Directions
  1. Preheat skillet over medium-high heat. Cook turkey until browned. 
  2. Add taco seasoning and cook through for about 5 minutes. 
  3. Add lettuce to a plate and top with turkey then top with toppings. 
  4. Enjoy! 



Conversation time:
Do you love tacos? 
Whats your favorite way to have them?

Also the winner of my Pure Via giveaway is Shelley Chenault! Congrats!!!
Thanks again for everyone that entered! 

1 comment: